[Ansteorra] Book Club

Honour DuBois honourdubois at verizon.net
Mon Feb 22 19:00:02 PST 2010

Greetings,

Lindenwood is excited to announce our new book club!  The focus of
this book group is to read literature written during our SCA time
period from Antiquity to 1600 AD.  This book group’s main interaction
will be within the walls of its yahoo group site located at   http://
groups.yahoo.com/group/lindenwoodbookclub .  (so as not to flood the
lists with posts). Within the Book Club site are things like:

Listing of books written from Antiquity to 1600 all divided by their
century
Polling’s of different ideas for the group and new polls for every book
Resources given by other members to help in reading current books
Suggestions on where to purchase current and future books
Forums to discuss with fellow members the ideas, philosophies,
chapters, etc on the book the group is currently reading and have read

At the beginning of each new book an email will post to the yahoo
group with a reading schedule, summary of book, history of author,
etc.. Summary’s of the reading will be posted by the Lindenwood MoAS
periodically throughout the reading schedule as well as questions to
prompt discussion of the current reading material.

Our first book to tackle is Niccoli Machiavelli's The Prince, reading
will begin March 1st.  You can find this book at many of your local
book stores and library's.

I am really looking forward to all your comments and observations as
we read through the many pieces of literature in the following months.

Keep Reading,
HE Honour du Bois
Lindenwood’s MoAS