[Ansteorra] GW camping in cold/hot weather tips

Deborah Wade rhiannonferchcian at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 2 13:44:21 PST 2010

Just a comment on heaters in tents.
I spent the week beteen Christmas and New Year's working at a Boy Scout Camp.  We treated 6 youth and 2 adults for mild to moderate Carbon Monoxide poisioning due to heaters in their tents.  The tents were both modern nylon and heavy canvas tents, but in all cases the tents had been sealed.  This prevented air exchange.
All six incidents could have been prevented by either not using a heater or by leaving a vent space in the tent.
Rhiannon