[Ansteorra] Shenanigans.

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Feb 16 21:27:48 PST 2010

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010, Peter Schorn

[how very appropriate a surname]

/ Cadfan <peterschorn at pdq.net> wrote:
> OK, so someone on this list says they know of an A&S judge, or have
> heard of an A&S judge, who marked a fiber arts contestant down for
> not using her own urine in the dying process.

In "teaching how to fish" mode:

The Ansteorran list, and I suspect most or all the mailing lists
hosted on lists.ansteorra.org, have archives: they are open to the
public without registration and they have a search function.

* Go to <http://lists.ansteorra.org/>

* Click on Ansteorra, or the name of the mailing list you want to
   search.  That takes you to the list's page.

* The search function is the first link on the list's page,

       To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the
       _Ansteorra Archives_.

   (or similarly for the Bryn Gwlad list).  Click the link.

* Some keywords are hard to search for because there are too many
   hits.  "Urine" is not such a word, at least on the Ansteorran list.
   I shouldn't make any comments about the Stargate list, for example.

   Enter
       urine
   in the Search box, select "Sort by: Time", and click Search.

The first hit is
<http://lists.ansteorra.org/htdig.cgi/ansteorra-ansteorra.org/2010-February/068338.html>
which quotes