[Ansteorra] Fee Increase and other Business...

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Thu Feb 18 10:40:31 PST 2010

Ysabeau wrote:

>We could have two fee structures, one for non-members and one for members.
>If you are a member, you get a $5 discount. I've seen that work successfully
>with other groups (why didn't I think of that before?!?!?). One of the
>benefits of membership is discounted event fees. It is a perception thing.
>The money going in the bank is the same either way, it is just how you
>present it.

We can certainly do this, but it's more than a perception thing.  The money goes into two different banks.  The NMS belongs to the Corporation, and is sent to California.  The site fee goes to the sponsoring branch(es), and stays in Texas and Oklahoma.

Your proposal is quite legal, but is functionally equivalent to saying the local branches will pay the NMS for everybody.  Any local branch that's making a lot of money every year might legitimately consider this.  But those breaking even or losing money probably shouldn't.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin