[Ansteorra] tagging newcomers (was: Newbie's perspective on NMS and other things)

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 15:08:51 PST 2010

But most people don't look...

And we've got several awards in Ansteorran colours...and several households that use Ansteorran colours...I'd think it would be more of an effort to try to figureout what the dangly ribbon was that the person was wearing and if it was truly an newcomer thing (cause gods forbid we call someone a newcomer when they're not ;)...than to notice if a person looks lost-ish and just offer help.

I am *NOT* saying it shouldn't be tried...or that it wouldn't work...
heck...it might work better this time than any of the other times it's been tried...
these things cycle...and sometimes things work and sometimes things don't.

And ...I encourage you to gain the courage...and go ahead and ask the questions...
you'll get to know people much better that way...and you might be helping others out by asking something they want to know too ;)

I've seen lots of weird misunderstandings that have even driven people out of the SCA...just because a question never got asked.

L DeerSlayer