[Ansteorra] tagging newcomers (was: Newbie's perspective on NMS and other things)

Fiona the Needleworker danab-steppes at tx.rr.com
Fri Feb 19 14:55:23 PST 2010

That was why I had suggested some sort of uniform token/favor that
would be discrete. Perhaps some woven thing on a loom in the Ansteorra
colors. If they're new and they don't want it, they don't have to take
it, but if they want folks to know, "I'm here, and I could use a
friend or perhaps some help." they'd have it and could wear it
proudly, and we could know who they were and they'd know each other. I
still feel new to the SCA as a whole. There are lots of things I still
have questions on, but because I don't know too many people very well,
I don't feel comfortable going up and asking face to face all the
time, even when I have a question. Even at populace, I sorta sit back
and listen more than talk, because I feel so apart sometimes. I think
something like this when I had gotten here would have helped me to
mingle more. :) And I'm a talkative person when I get to know you!

Fiona