[Ansteorra] tagging newcomers (was: Newbie's perspective on NMS and other things)

Danielle Jennings cle0patra.29.85 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 14:50:00 PST 2010

So that they are not marked as "new" what if the token or ribbon some how
marked when they started ( had the year or a symbol of that reign on it)
then it transitions from being hey I am new to hey this year marks my 10th
anniversary in the SCA. Also I agree that this really will not work unless
it is a kingdom wide thing newbies are generally (or should be) comfortable
enough with people in their local group to pipe up when they need help or
have a question, so it really becomes an issue at events in which case
everyone would need to at least recognize the ribbon/token.