[Ansteorra] Newcomer Ideas...And Now a Word from your Kingdom Hospitaler

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Feb 22 11:31:45 PST 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Charlie Durbin <charlesdurbin at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> Hospitaler Point at events is a wonderful idea and newcomers should
> be directed there. Here at our Castleton site the hospitaler is
> always set up close to gate and has a small newcomer pavilion which
> houses the loaner gear and provides a private place to change
> clothes.

Just make sure that it gets into the briefing for the gate staff, just
like the fee schedule and event schedule and such.  Also, if there's
an event booklet, might be good to get it in too.  For example, I
never heard of it at Castleton -- but since it's been a little while
since I worked gate, it might be a newer custom.

Danet de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com