[Ansteorra] The Prince

donpieter at aol.com donpieter at aol.com
Fri Feb 26 08:40:25 PST 2010

Color me confused. First two lines "i find the writer to be stupid.He didn't know anything." Then further on we get gems like "I think the section on foreign mercenaries and their uses should be read by every person who thinks being an mercenary is a good idea.", "I know a lot of Americans think the book is horrible but it does have some really good advice.", "The Prince was one of the first books to ever talk about how someone who could get communities and large groups of people to follow him..." So which is it? Do you think Machiavelli was stupid or not since you feel he gives good advice. The Prince can be a tough read in parts just as his book "The Art of War" but has a historical look into period politics and mid to late period battle design they seem like sound books to me.

Don Pieter Rausch