[Ansteorra] Injuries - Indoors vs Outdoors

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 05:20:15 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Doug Copley <doug.copley at gmail.com> wrote:
> This type of comparison will be VERY difficult to do.

<snip>

> There may be a way to gather some information but I do not believe that it
> is possible to gather all of it. I think it will come down to talking with a
> number of fighters in different areas that have practiced, trained, fought,
> and done events both indoors and outdoors.
>
> YIS, Vincenti

Vincenti,

It is very hard to find information about it.  I've googled a bit, and
have some personal experience, as I've got knee damage from years of
running on hard surfaces, and bilateral tendinitis, but anecdata may
be all we have to fall back on here.

Part of what I dislike about hard surface fighting (and we have our
fighter practice on tennis courts) is that *most* of the fighters I
know wear rubber soled shoes or boots that are designed to be
"grippy."  That means if they attempt to rapidly change direction,
their feet may not slide, and they can wrench a knee or back.  On
grass, that's not quite so much of an issue.  Fighting in leather
soled shoes is an answer, but they're not inexpensive.  Hobnailed
boots might be aanother answer, but then we're looking at floor damage
and the other end of the spectrum on traction.

In service,
Helene
--
I've asked forgiveness from the Lord, now take my soul, and bring my sword.