[Ansteorra] I have a question

Elisabeth B. Zakes kitharis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 05:49:56 PDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 07:25, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:

> At 10:21 PM 7/13/2010, you wrote:
>
>> I never post to this list or any list.  Yet, I am puzzled can some one
>> please
>> tell me why they joined the SCA?
>>
>> Just wondering?
>>
>> Halla
>>

> I can't remember a time when I *wasn't* interested in swords and knives.
> Reading "Julius Caesar" in seventh grade got me hooked on Shakespeare as
> well. When I was in college, I was doing choreographed duels at parties and
> suchlike with another guy in the fencing club before I ever heard of the
> SCA. I went to my first event in the fall of 1975 and was hooked; I've been
> playing ever since.
>
> Between the fencing and the Shakespeare, is it any wonder that I'd be doing
> rapier combat?
>
>        -Tivar Moondragon
>
> I was reading fantasy stories and fairy tales from a young age, and
watching "The Six Wives of Henry VIII" and "Elizabeth R" on the local public
channel any chance I could get. Playing Guenevere in "Camelot" didn't hurt,
either.

When a university friend of mine told me about the SCA I was all eager to
join. Took me a few months, but a notice in the campus newspaper mentioned a
meeting to organise a group on campus as an associated group to the Shire of
Bryn Gwlad. You can bet I was there with bells on!

Aethelyan Moondragon
Bryn Gwlad