[Ansteorra] The perfect Safe SCA.

David J. Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Sat Jul 24 16:41:54 PDT 2010

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 18:30:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010, Jay Rudin <rudin at peoplepc.com> wrote:
> The joke most people don't seem to have gotten is that Tivar was
> talking about his actual pouch that he's worn for around thirty
> years, which does seem to have just about everything you need at an
> event.

Was it Tivar or someone else who said, truthfully, when someone's
armor popped a rivet, "I happen to have a small anvil in my pouch"?

Danihel de Lindocolina
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com

I'm not sure about Tivar's Pouch, but I usually carried a small one in my armor bag (with a full size one in my vehicle or camp).

The old story was "If it's smaller than 8", Tivar has it in his pouch, if it's bigger than 8" or over one Pound, check David's truck."

David Gallowglass

Benjamin Franklin never wrote or said "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Dr. Franklin was, however, a wine drinker, and he wrote--

   " We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy. The miracle in question was only performed to hasten the operation, under circumstances of present necessity, which required it". --Letter to Abbé Morellet (1779)