[Ansteorra] Story from Crown Tourney

ysfaeleleanor at aol.com ysfaeleleanor at aol.com
Mon Jul 12 10:49:14 PDT 2010

--
To which Dena replied ...
This is an argument I hear a lot and it really aggravates me.  Who is to be

I refuse to take the responsibility for someone else's actions if they
refuse to listen to what their bodies are telling them. Do I have the right
to say something to them? Of course, out of general respect. But to tell
them they cannot fight cause *I* feel they can't? No, that is not my
responsibility. The only way I would interfere with a person and their
ability to fight is if they were so completely incoherent at which point, I
doubt they would be fighting anymore anyways.

--

And Caelin added ....

Our society used to be (and mostly still is) based on each person taking
responsibility for his or her own actions and health. We should only
frustrate that when the person is obviously not able to make decisions and
when that happens we should probably be calling 911 and letting the
professionals help that person.

It requires Skill to fight.  Those skills include
- Knowing how to call a shot.
-Knowing how to deliver a shot.
-Understanding your body.
Contenders for Crown need all of those skills.  Making it to the finals pretty much implies that one
has honed those skills and others to a fine edge.  And frankly, Tomas proved that he could listen
 to what his body was telling him.  He recognized when it was time to ask "Am I ... " and he asked it to the ONLY person
that IMO he should listen to at that point, Rixende.
If you make it easy, it isn't worth doing.  If I want to fight inside out of the elements, I'll get a faster computer
and play WoW.

Pax,
Ysfael