[Ansteorra] Story from Crown Tourney

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 04:22:47 PDT 2010

At 01:34 AM 7/13/2010, you wrote:
>On Mon, 12 Jul 2010, Jay Rudin <rudin at peoplepc.com> wrote:
> > Lady Rose wrote:
> > > Well, I've been to plenty of indoor fighting events, and seen even
> > > more indoor fighter practices. Do we have any statistics to back
> > > up the claim of increased injuries? If so, how to they compare to
> > > injuries by heat? Facts are good.
> >
> > I can't recall anyone claiming increased injuries.
>
>I may have misread or I may be misremembering, but I recall at least
>one person saying that fighting indoors did indeed cause more
>injuries, due to concrete being less giving than grass.  (Was it
>Tivar?  -- "The best way to get information on the net is to post
>something wrong.")
>
>Danyell de Linccolne

No, I was the one warning about getting Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from
too much World of Warcraft. The closest I came to comparing concrete
to grass was this statement:

"But given a choice in the matter, I'd rather be outside on the grass
and under the sun, rather than indoors on concrete or linoleum under
flourescent lights."

But that's more about striving for a period ambiance than about injuries.

         -Tivar Moondragon