[Ansteorra] Ideas for Outdoor A&S Events

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner burgborrendohl at valornet.com
Tue Jul 13 08:33:01 PDT 2010

My humble opinion is that though it can be done, it's not preferable.  I
guess the pavilions could have walls to protect against wind and rain if
necessary.  People spend many hours and put much heart into their
artistic creations.  It would be terribly sad to see someone's eight
year project destroyed by weather. The cooler times of spring and fall
can also bring the serious storms.  Having been through storms that
destroyed the pavilions and soaked or ruined much of people's gear at
Lilies a few times, I wouldn't want to risk something I'd worked on for
many years.  There are things I will bring to an indoor event  that I
would not bring to an outside demo.

Wind can also make judging sheets and documentation a challenge.

Just stating my preference, not trying to set policy.

Ismet