[Ansteorra] I have a question

Ronnie H womrn at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 14 09:54:34 PDT 2010

Somewhere around 1984 good friends decided I had become a recluse from raising a child alone post-divorce, and putting myself though college.  They garbed me in lovely clothes and took me to a very small local one-day event.  To my surprise, many others of my acquaintance were there.  Everyone treated each other -- including newbie me -- with such courtly grace and kindness!  I became involved, and loved it.  In the SCA I met and married my husband of, now, nearly 20 years (can all of this have been that long ago?).

He and I have responsibilities of life that have kept us from our SCAdian famliy for years now, always hoping we can one day share those joys again.  However, I continue to lurk on the list.  I "see" friends who always will be, and people whom I hope one day to meet.  Hardly enough to keep up with everyone, lol!  Better than no contact at all.

I admit to dismay as I apply the "delete" key when hot disagreements fly.  In our short lives (mindful of some of the great hearts who have passed before us), the negative energy is not what I want to remember about the plethora of personalities I miss.  It was, after all, the grace and kindness between and among widely divergent people that drew me to the SCA.

Thank you, kind fellow lurker, for the best thread-opener I've seen here in a good bit of time.  I wish you peace.

Ronna