[Ansteorra] Why Crown Tourney has been moved to the heat.

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Thu Jul 22 00:30:40 PDT 2010

Master Fossil
Haven't a lot of Queen Champions been moved indoors since Crown has moved later in the Summer?
I am not really worried about the fighters.
I am more worried about all the people that told me that they had to miss all the fighting because they had to sit in the Hall. We are getting older and we are recruiting older people and I am worried because heat can cause heart attacks.
I am looking at an older work force and I think it is an health issue for them. How many of the Marshals, Heralds, and list workers were in their 40s or over? It might not be a problem now, how about five years from now? It seems to me that we have less summer events. It seems that more people are having heat problems.
 I  believe that we are less prepared for the heat.. I know that john  and I lived in an Apt in Norman that didn't have Air. We didn't think much of the heat because we were out in it all the time.
I am not too concerned because my health won't let me out the door in July,but I thought I would throw out my two cents worth. I want someone to do a live feed so I could be part of the event in my Nursing home when I get there.
This will be my last comment. I am going to think about the pros and cons. I think it would be nice to try it once or twice and see how it goes. How is it working in the rapier community?
willow