[Ansteorra] Leatherworking question

Cynthia Sebolt cynna at leatherchain.com
Tue Jun 8 15:51:47 PDT 2010

Greetings!

While I don't know anything about plastic armor - the leather shouldn't
shatter when exposed to cold weather or rough handling. If it's been
impregnated with a coating (beeswax, resin, glue, etc.) - those can
react to weather conditions and cause surface cracking, but not
shattering that I'm aware of. Leather itself can rot, which will affect
the tensile strength - this usually causes tearing, not shattering.

I leave it to others for information about the Kydex.

In Service,

Czina Angielczyka