[Ansteorra] Leatherworking question

Pat McGregor patsmor at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 8 15:57:51 PDT 2010

--- On Tue, 6/8/10, Cynthia Sebolt <cynna at leatherchain.com> wrote:

> If it's been impregnated with a coating
> (beeswax, resin, glue, etc.) - those can react to weather
> conditions and cause surface cracking, but not shattering
> that I'm aware of. Leather itself can rot, which will affect
> the tensile strength - this usually causes tearing, not
> shattering.

Thank you for answering -- as usual, I dashed off a note & so it wasn't clear enough. I know that cuir b. armor is really tough -- have made and lugged my fair share of it ;-). I was just wondering if the Kydex stuff, when covered in leather, would be held together by the leather if dropped while not at "room" temperature.

my thanks,
siobhan m.
Pat McGregor      -           patsmor at yahoo.com