[Ansteorra] King's College Class- Period Hairstyles Using Modern Techniques

Michele Reichek txcolorandstyle at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 00:24:15 PDT 2010

Good evening friends :)

I will be teaching a class at the upcoming King's College entitled 'Period Hairstyles Using Modern Techniques.'  This class will start at 10am and will be held in Room 204.

This class will focus on various period hairstyles, how they might have been accomplished in period, and how you can recreate these hairstyles using some modern methods, tools, and products for an easy, polished look to compliment your SCA clothing and accessories.  We will discuss styling methods that can be done either by yourself or with the help of a friend, both on-site and in preparation for a specific event ahead of time.  We will also discuss sanitation, various uses of brushes and combs, and styling tools both hot and cool.

I will have color packets available for the first 10 participants (I would like to ask those who take a packet to please donate $3 for the costs of copying.)  All other participants are welcome to observe and to take notes.

Thank you for reading, and if anyone has any questions before the class, feel free to email me.  I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Lady Jeanne-Marie la Verriere is a 15th century Burgundian noble lady at the Court of the Dukes of Valois in the Duchy of Burgundy.  She has a passion for heraldic display and can often be found enjoying various artistic pursuits, most notably costuming, embellishment, hair dressing, and the creation of stained glass panels.  Originally from the Kingdom of Caid, she is a companion of the Order of the Harp Argent (for stained glass.)

Michele Reichek is a licensed cosmetologist specializing in hair color, hair chemicals, and special occasion hair styling.  She loves period hairstyles dating from Ancient Egypt on up through the 1940's and 50's and will probably style your hair if you hold still long enough.  She lives in Austin, TX with her husband and their cat, Princess.