[Ansteorra] King's College Class- Introduction to Period Stained Glass

Michele Reichek txcolorandstyle at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 14 01:29:58 PDT 2010

Good evening friends,

I would like to invite anyone with an interest in stained glass who is either a beginner glazier or looking to get started to attend my class at King's College entitled 'Introduction to Period Stained Glass.'  This class will be held at 1pm in Room 208.

This will be a practical lecture class on how to get started with the crafting of glass panels, and how to gear your crafting towards creating the most period glass panels possible.  During this lecture, we will briefly discuss how stained glass came into being, the 'family tree' of stained glass, and how the churches influence and donor windows helped shape what we know about period stained glass today.  The second portion of the class will be how to apply what is known about historical stained glass to your current stained glass craft.  We will cover leads vs. foils, colored glass vs. stained glass, and creating detail using silver stain.  Display of the finished item will also be discussed.

I will have ten color packets prepared for the first 10 participants (I would ask those who take a packet to please donate $2 to cover the costs of copying.)  All other participants are welcome to observe and take notes.

Thank you for reading, and if anyone has any questions before the class, feel free to email me.  I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Lady Jeanne-Marie la Verriere is a 15th century Burgundian noble lady at the
Court of the Dukes of Valois in the Duchy of Burgundy.  She has a
passion for heraldic display and can often be found enjoying various artistic pursuits, most
notably costuming, embellishment, hair dressing, and the creation of stained glass
panels.  Originally from the Kingdom of Caid, she is a companion
of the Order of the Harp Argent (for stained glass.)

Michele
Reichek is a licensed cosmetologist.  She has been creating stained glass and leaded light panels since 1993 when a friend brought her along to a glass craft shop and she fell in love with all things 'glassy.'  Her favorite is creating heraldic devices in glass.  She lives in Austin, TX with her husband, Scott, and their cat, Princess.