[Ansteorra] Word fame.

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 06:14:00 PDT 2010

Caladin, sorry for the delay, but now that we've finally been home for more
than 24 hours, I'll share what I saw of Outland's turning what would have
been a bitter defeat into a triumph.

Near the end of the third field battle, after the grand swirling, the lines
clashing, and the various and sundry engagements, there looked to me
(sitting with the rest of the dead halfway up the hill on the road side) to
be two main groups remaining.  A force of ours composed of primarily
Calontiri and Ansteorran Archers and Her Highness' guard.  That group
attempted to corral their spear heavy opponents, bringing great sword and
polearms to bear, but the numbers of the opponent were too many, and they
spread to a thin line to allow their spears to get to maximum effectiveness.
 The Trimarian allies brought low the vestiges of the Great Calon Host, and
our archers and guards gave ground before them.

It seemed lost.  Ansteorra looked as if she would loose the third of the the
field battles, and the open field war point.

Now, I am not a man given to hyperbole.  My heart fell, and my spirit was
low.  So when I say that what I saw next brought made my heart leap with
joy, it is not with the storytellers art, but with the truth that comes from
earnestness.

>From behind (in my vantage) the brush line, a line of the spearmen of the
Outlands appeared.  The crowd on our side cheered.   Our foes were
momentarily taken aback, and retreated back up the hill.  The archers, who
had been giving ground, filtered back into the lines of the spears of the
Outlands, and started raining in withering fire.  Outlands and the archers
of Ansteorra rolled them up into a tight knot, and destroyed our opponents.

We were saved.

I can't guarantee that this is what happened, but this is what I remember.

HRH Jean Paul de Sens

Qui mieux fait, mieux vault.