[Ansteorra] "Ansteorran: of or pertaining to the Kingdom of Ansteorra"

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 13:02:37 PST 2010

For what it's worth, "an steorra" is Old English simply for "a star", or
"one star".

It would be much easier to remember if we pronounced the name in line with
rules for OE pronunciation; namely, stressing the "E" and not the "O". "eo"
is an Old English dipthong, and it should be pronounced like the "eo" in
"Beowulf" and not like the "eo" in "geometry".
DT+LF again