[Ansteorra] Gervase of Tilbury: Otia Imperialia

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Tue May 11 06:34:25 PDT 2010

Your Grace (et al):

I found the same information at the University of Texas Libraries (
www.library.utexas.edu):

  Author Gervase, of Tilbury, ca. 1160-ca.
1211.<http://catalog.lib.utexas.edu/search~S29?/aGervase%2C+of+Tilbury%2C+ca.+1160-ca.+1211./agervase+of+tilbury+ca+1160+ca+1211/-3,-1,0,B/browse>
 Uniform
title Otia imperialia. English &
Latin<http://catalog.lib.utexas.edu/search~S29?/tOtia+imperialia.+English+%26+Latin/totia+imperialia+english+and+latin/-3,-1,0,B/browse>
Title *Otia imperialia : recreation for an emperor / Gervase of Tilbury ;
edited and translated by S.E. Banks and J.W. Binns.* Publication
Information Oxford
: Clarendon Press, 2002.
  Location Call No. Current Status   PCL
Stacks<http://www.lib.utexas.edu/about/librarymap/pcl.html>
 PA 8310 G42 O85
2002<http://catalog.lib.utexas.edu/search~S29?/cPA+8310+G42+O85+2002/cpa+8310+g42+o85+2002/-3,-1,,B/browse>
  AVAILABLE

If you're interested in checking out an older version, UT also has:

      Author Ralph, of Coggeshall, fl.
1207.<http://catalog.lib.utexas.edu/search~S29?/aRalph%2C+of+Coggeshall%2C+fl.+1207./aralph+of+coggeshall+fl+1207/-3,-1,0,B/browse>
Title *Radulphi de Coggeshall Chronicon anglicanum, De expugnatione Terræ
Sanctæ libellus, Thomas Agnellus De morte et sepultura Henrici regis Angliæ
junioris, Gesta Fulconis filii Warini, Excerpta ex Otiis imperialibus
Gervasii Tileburiensis. Ex codicibus manuscriptis edidit Josephus Stevenson.
Published by the authority of the lords commissioners of Her Majesty's
Treasury, under the direction of the master of the rolls.* Added title
Chronicon
anglicanum  De expugnatione Terræ Sanctæ per Saladinum, libellus  Fouke Fitz
Warin (Romance)<http://catalog.lib.utexas.edu/search~S29?/tFouke+Fitz+Warin+%28Romance%29/tfouke+fitz+warin+romance/-3,-1,0,B/browse>
 Publication
Information London, Longman, 1875.
  **

<http://books.google.com/books?id=mdvUAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&cd=1&source=gbs_ViewAPI>

  Location Call No. Current Status   PCL
Stacks<http://www.lib.utexas.edu/about/librarymap/pcl.html>
 942 G798<http://catalog.lib.utexas.edu/search~S29?/e942+G798/e942+g798+/-3,-1,,B/browse>
V.66    AVAILABLE

Thanks for offering me a diversion from what's otherwise been a mind-numbing
night of end-of-semester grading!

P&B,
Detlef von Marburg