[Ansteorra] OT: Help if you can

Stephanie Suesan Smith stephaniesuesansmith at gmail.com
Sun May 30 04:16:16 PDT 2010

You don't understand.  The venom of the brown recluse kills the tissue where
the bite is.  That dark area is dead tissue.  It will continue to spread
until it kills the cat.  If it is as bad as you say, you have two options:
vet or dead cat.  If you cannot afford to treat it, you should at least have
the cat humanely euthanised.  A bite is very painful and if it is on the
check it will eventually compromise the airway and the cat's ability to eat.

See this article for details:
http://www.petmd.com/cat/conditions/skin/c_ct_brown_recluse_bite

--
Stephanie Suesan Smith, Ph.D.