[Ansteorra] OT: Help if you can

Leslie Snipes lesdsnipes at yahoo.com
Sun May 30 02:18:59 PDT 2010

It could be a spider bite, flea bite, fly bite, scratch from another cat or self scratch, or as simple as a pimple.  Cat acne is rather common although it appears more frequently under the chin than in other locations.  Spider bites and fly bites to the face are a bit unusual after the curious kitten stage.  Biting flies and fleas seem to have come back with a particular vengeance after our flaky winter.

Cats are unable to clean their faces as well as elsewhere when cleaning themselves.  I find peroxide works wonders.  So does a tiny bit of antibiotic ointment.  Use sparingly and avoid the ones that have a pain medication in them.

Cats and dogs are like kids.  They get boo boos.  I've already realized it's going to be a Frontline and Capstar summer in the Houston area.

Pandora