[Ansteorra] Why aren't we doing this?

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner burgborrendohl at valornet.com
Thu Nov 4 08:43:21 PDT 2010

>   Over the years I have developed a more, or less effective filter for
> >  modern objects.  Just as I can walk through a crowded room and ignore the
> >  conversations that do not involve me but still hear someone call my name, I
> >  can walk through an event and catch the parts that interest me and not have
> >  the mundanities spoil the experience.  Most of the time anyway.
That's great and most of the time I do, too.  But every once and awhile
I look through a photographer's eyes (I guess) and say "this is a
perfect picture" until I see the cooler or whatever.  When I do take a
picture I try my best to cut out the mundanities and pixel out what I
can't when I get home.  The less 'pixeling' I have to do the better.

This doesn't mean one can't have fun anyway.  And as I said, "magic
moments" are very rare, but very special when they happen.  I'll still
enjoy an event without any, just as I still enjoy the SCA even when the
personna play that I would most enjoy isn't really a very significant
part of the game.

Ismet