[Ansteorra] Why aren't we doing this?

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 18:09:38 PDT 2010

At 02:27 PM 11/5/2010, Robin of Gilwell wrote:

>The crucial observation is that the SCA grew by oral tradition, not
>by bureaucratic rules.
>
>In (very) early days, many (not all) in the West said 1550, many
>(not all) in the East said 1650,

For certain values of "East" I suppose. 1650 was the date that I was
told in the part of Atenveldt that eventually became Ansteorra, back
when I joined in AS 10. At the Known World Academy of the Rapier held
in Atenveldt in AS 29, I was told by several people that 1650 was
still the official cutoff date. (Granted, they were all rapier
fighters with very late-period personas, so they may have been
engaging in deliberate ignorance of the official cutoff date.)

>the original corporate documents did not get precise,

How much more precise than "pre-17th century" do you want? That's
what it says in the original Articles of Incorporation:
http://history.westkingdom.org/AHP/Articles.htm

         -Tivar Moondragon