[Ansteorra] Why aren't we doing this?

Monalee R Kendall monaleekr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 19:18:31 PST 2010

In AS 12 in Meridies I first heard 1650 and then a couple of years
later it was "pre 17th Century" and the reasoning I heard had to do
with gunpowder and pistols.  I was content that QEI was included in
both so I just didn't worry about it.

 It was some 20 years later in the Midrealm that I heard people using
a begining date.

Anyone want argue that point for a while?  (I don't)

Baroness Genevieve McCullum

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 8:09 PM, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:
> At 02:27 PM 11/5/2010, Robin of Gilwell wrote:
>
>> The crucial observation is that the SCA grew by oral tradition, not by
>> bureaucratic rules.
>>
>> In (very) early days, many (not all) in the West said 1550, many (not all)
>> in the East said 1650,
>
> For certain values of "East" I suppose. 1650 was the date that I was told in
> the part of Atenveldt that eventually became Ansteorra, back when I joined
> in AS 10. At the Known World Academy of the Rapier held in Atenveldt in AS
> 29, I was told by several people that 1650 was still the official cutoff
> date. (Granted, they were all rapier fighters with very late-period
> personas, so they may have been engaging in deliberate ignorance of the
> official cutoff date.)
>

>> the original corporate documents did not get precise,
>
> How much more precise than "pre-17th century" do you want? That's what it
> says in the original Articles of Incorporation:
> http://history.westkingdom.org/AHP/Articles.htm
>
>        -Tivar Moondragon

It doesn't take all kinds there just ARE all kinds.