[Ansteorra] Reviews of the new Known World Handbook?

paula hanna pippermint at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 7 17:00:10 PST 2010

Well, I'm not an official proofreader for it (but I play one on TV?) (but I DID
stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?). Oh, right. But I did handle the
design and layout of the thing, and there are some really excellent articles in
it. Us usual, it runs the gamut from costuming to camping to chivalric arts with
whole, big, lovely sections on jousting, archery, heraldry, A&S, persona
development, stewardship, tournaments and children in the SCA. Even here early
in its publication, it's already a part of SCA history, and even if you've been
playing in the SCA for a long time, I suspect there are still things to learn
through reading it. I highly recommend it.

Mistress Oriana
Known World Handbook art director