[Ansteorra] more belts

HE Chiang Chi-sh h chiang at clearwire.net
Sun Nov 21 16:13:32 PST 2010

  Your Grace,
If I may correct you a bit. On brass and non ferrous metals, to anneal them
(that is making them softer and easier to work) you need to heat them to
glowing red, not sure of the actual temperature, then quench them in water.
Ferrous metals such as steel when you treat them that way they get hard. I
did some research on it a while back as I needed some annealed brass for a
project that I was working on. All the brass I had was hard. Found it
interesting that softening non ferrous was just the opposite for ferrous. I
have been heat treating steels myself for quite some time now.
  If I can be of any further service, please feel free to contact me off
list.
  Zia Jian,
  HE Chiang Chi-sh h
  Baron of Bonwicke