[Ansteorra] Why aren't we doing this?

Celestria leDragon celestria.ledragon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 13:42:58 PDT 2010

As for smoking the smokers that I know or know of including myself walk away
and either join other smokers or stand away from the activities and people.
It is some of the non-smokers that come into the space we created out of
respect to smoke that get indignant about smoking. I have been to an event
that was held in a park where you could not smoke on their property so we
just walked across the street. It was no problem.

Flash has always been an issue with some courts. It's hard to get good
pictures without it and we all want the cool pictures. There is no easy
solution to this especially at outdoor events, even indoors during court
most lights are shut down.

If we become too right-wing about trying to be period then the less new
comers will stay and play. Without new blood there can not be growth and
younger hands to carry on. We are suppose to be a "Creative" group. We do
not re-enact therefore we can be more relaxed about what and how we do
things. Yes it's nice to cover chairs and hide coolers under tables or with
cloth. But if a new person is not taught this simple act then we as a
Society has failed that person and have no right to criticize and at times
we need to remind the not so new member.

There are many reasons people are drawn to the SCA, be it for the fighting,
A&S or just to wear cool clothes. We all play at different levels, with
different budgets and different levels of being period. But we all come
together as family to enjoy this game we play, some family members are not
as cool as others but we are all family.

As with life if you want respect then you need to show respect no matter
which side of the fence you are on.

--
In Service,
Lady Celestria Monelyght leDragon