[Ansteorra] Why aren't we doing this?

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 20:25:29 PDT 2010

At 08:54 PM 11/5/2010, you wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Nov 2010, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>As is evident from our upside down award structure (knights and
>>masters outranking lords) the folks who set up the SCA weren't necessarily
>>all that knowledgable about history.
>
>The First Party, retrospectively the first event of the SCA, was to
>celebrate Diana Paxson, who was graduating with a degree in medieval
>history.  I suspect they knew very well about medieval history -- they
>just didn't care.
>
><http://history.westkingdom.org/Year1/FirstTournament.htm> has an
>account.  Apparently the first invention was "SCA time", because it
>started over 2 hours late.
>
>Danihel Lincolnia

Although if you scroll down to the bottom of the article, there's a
note from robertof Dunharrow saying "Also, Diana was not a medieval
history major, as I remember, she got an A.B. in English from Mills,
then her M.A. in comparative literature - emphasizing medieval
literature, I think - at Cal. (But ask her, to keep the record straight.)"

         -Tivar Moondragon