[Ansteorra] Cut off date

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Fri Nov 5 23:45:22 PDT 2010

I know when I entered the SCA in A.S. 3 in the Boondocks of Ala. I was told the cutoff date was 1650. I latter found out that was the cutoff date for the heraldry because not many books were printed before 1650. That was for research only. I didn't learn this for many years when there was a push to change the date.
I think our Duke Sigmund was involved with that when he was on the BOD. He talked to a lot of the people involved in the decision and may have some very good data.
willow