[Ansteorra] Estrella War Gatebook Advertising
mineko.murai at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 15:15:52 PDT 2010
Greetings from the Estrella War Promotions Office!
Merchants…. There’s advertising in the Estrella War 2011 Event Gatebook
• Your message will reach 3,000+ medieval re-enactors in one
location – 24 hours a day for 7 days.
• Most visitors come to Estrella War specifically to shop with
merchants and make large value purchases for their hobby.
• Demographics: Visitors from AZ, W.TX, CO, NM, So. Cal, UT.
Lifestage – Young adult; Families; some Empty Nesters
• Interests: all aspects of history; Artisanal products and
supplies; Reading Fiction & Non-Fiction; Comics; Science Fiction; Role
Playing Games; Homesteading; Computing, Camping.
• Use advertising to promote your goods, location, special
offers, or your website.
• Paid advertising is available for registered Estrella War
merchants or local businesses.
Ad Size Camera Ready Designed For You
1/8 page $35 $35
1/4 page $50 $50
1/2 page $80 $80
Full Page $130 $130
I Want to Advertise
• Send us your camera-ready art or take advantage of our
“Designed for You” graphic design service at no extra charge.
• 1/8 page (3.6”w x 2.25”h); ¼ page (3.6”w x 5”h); ½ page
(7.5”w x 5”h); full page (7.5”w x 10”h)
• All adverts are black and white in a finished book size of 8.5” x 11”.
• Send check or money order in US$, payable to “Estrella War
SCA Inc” for full amount to Anita Challis, Estrella War Gatebook.
(Please email for the address to remit payment,
gatebook at estrellawar.org.)
• “Designed for You” ads must include all wording and other
details and paid for by November 1, 2010
• Camera Ready art must be submitted in graphic format (jpeg,
tiff, photoshop, illustrator), 400–600 dpi, must be paid for and
received by December 6, 2010.
• ADVERTISING PAYMENT IS SEPARATE FROM YOUR MERCHANT BOOTH FEE.
The Fine Print
1. The EW Gatebook reserves the right to reject or edit any
advertising. Advertising must conform to SCA corporate guidelines.
Advertising will be refused if it is offensive, ambiguous or
deceptive, makes the product or service unclear or open to
misrepresentation; if it advertises illegal organizations or
activities; if it maligns identifiable persons, races, religions, or
professions; if it is not accurate or truthful; or, if it is otherwise
determined unacceptable by the Gatebook Editor and Estrella War Staff.
2. All advertising rates for the EW Gatebook are
non-commissionable, net rates. No cash discounts.
3. All advertising is prepaid.
4. Camera Ready art must be submitted in graphic format (jpeg,
tiff, photoshop, illustrator), 400–600 dpi, and must be paid for and
received by December 6, 2010.
5. “Designed For You” ads must include all wording and other
details, and must be paid for by November 1, 2010.
6. Only local businesses or registered merchants of Estrella War
may purchase advertising space in the Gatebook.
7. Advertising space is contingent on your acceptance as a
merchant to Estrella War, or local business status, as determined by
Estrella War Staff.
8. Please remit payment by check or money order payable in U.S.
funds to “Estrella War SCA, Inc.” Advertising payment is separate from
merchant fees. We will take personal checks. Bounced check fee is $15
9. Please send an e-mail to the contact information listed below
for the address to remit payment.
10. Editorial contact: Anita Challis gatebook at estrellawar.org
More information about the Ansteorra