[Ansteorra] [Ansteorra-archery] keep-it-fun-advice-from-a-pre-renaissance-man

Doug Copley doug.copley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 06:07:31 PDT 2010

Actually we have one of these in the north, it is in Eldern Hills. Using
a cam shaft as mentioned with paddles that come out to the front,
Styrofoam heads like they use for wigs on the end of the paddle so that
the heads go up and down. the cam and stand were protected with a foam
wall in front of it so that the wall came up just high enough so that
when the head was up it was completely visible and when it was down it
was completely out of sight.

It was operated by rope that was wound on a drum and the puller of the
rope was behind the archers so that he was safe.

The whole thing worked very good and was quite entertaining to watch and
try to shoot.

Vincenti