[Ansteorra] Centurion Cloaks / Also: Seeking HG Miguel

Robert G. Ferrell rgferrell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 10:19:38 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah
<zubeydah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you tell me more? I don't see anything on his OP listing (
> http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/OP/op-names.php?search=Camerinus&submit=search&OP=)
> --
> perhaps I was being too literal minded?
>
> Was this a persona acknowledgement?  And what is TYC?  (Tenth Year
> Celebration?)

TYC was the SCA 20th year celebration, stewarded by His Grace Duke
Sigmund the Wingfooted and held at the Texas Renaissance Festival site
in Plantersville. Camerinus was the embodiment of the Roman Legion
officer, so Their Majesties Dinaris and Marguerite gave him the title
of "Centurion." It carried no precedence and was technically only in
force for the duration of Their reign. It was a singular honor,
however, and well-deserved. You may notice that in Ansteorra some of
the highest honors carry no precedence. We're funny that way.. ;-)

Cynric