[Ansteorra] Off Topic: Heraldic + PC Techs (Today only)

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Wed Dec 28 13:24:56 PST 2011

On Wed, 28 Dec 2011, Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah <zubeydah at gmail.com> wrote:
> www.shirt.woot.com
>
> Today's Woot shirt* features a made up heraldic device for computer
> tech types... Worth a peek at. I tried blazoning it, but the best I
> can come up with is:
> Quarterly Azure and Argent, Mountain Dew, Pizza, Fritos and Coffee
> Proper, supported by monkeys, with the motto, 'Refresh, ReStart, and
> ReInstall'...
> I'm sure someone else more heraldicly trained than I can be far more
> Eschutcheon...

The shirt is named "Code of Arms".

The tinctures are hard to describe, as it's really more of
greyscale-like depiction.

Eschutcheon: Quarterly bendy argent and azure and azure, on a full
coffee mug handle to dexter a Linux penguin, a bag of "Free Toes", a
slice of pizza pepperonied point to base, and a can of "Mountain Dude"
proper, overall on a cross an "On" button argent marked azure.

Crest: a laptop open with a touchpad of two buttons, issuant from
chief the "WiFi" logo.

Supporters: two monkeys rampant enraged azure marked argent, each
sustaining a banner argent, on the banner to dexter "<" and on the
banner to sinister "/>" azure.

Motto: Refresh Reboot Reinstall

There is no compartment, and unaccountably, there is no helm.
The mantling in this depiction is faint.

Danel de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com