[Ansteorra] Largesse gifting

Ld.blackmoon ld.blackmoon at cox.net
Fri Feb 4 11:41:31 PST 2011

greetings

>> Because that makes you an enabler.  An accessory to the crime, as it
>> were. <

then by all means " enable " me ; )
I wear basic garb and have since 1982 , yes it has changed some over the
years, due to health, weight and age issues, but until I see someone wearing
something I like, that I can also afford to get , I'm not spending most of
my available ( as in non bill ) money to buy clothes .
most people are happy I spend my limited funds on going to events , and not
staying home with nice new garb .
you want people like me to wear better clothes , wear them your self as an
example , ( or better yet , give the garb you no longer wear , due to age,
persona change, weight, etc. to someone you feel could wear it and should be
wearing more period garb, nubies , etc.instead of filling your closet with
garb you will rarely if ever wear. )   if I don't see you wearing a period
outfit that doesn't look stuffy , hot, or hard to get into or out of .  why
should I go buy something just because the merchant says its comfy, and
period ? only to hate it for one of the above reasons .
people will follow an example ( good or bad ) more often if they believe
that it is for a good purpose.
spending all of my available funds on new garb would mean not buying a
membership for at least a year, as well as not going to any events for the
same period.
if I'm not going to events, and I don't have any responsibilities as a
member / officer , why should I spend the money on garb I cant wear for a
year ?
just another reason people go elsewhere to do other hobbies .......

Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
Arthur
just my opinion , ymmv