[Ansteorra] Largesse gifting - a suggestion

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Fri Feb 4 11:51:14 PST 2011

One question was brought up of what someone can do besides purchasing
mundane items if they don't have the skills themselves to make
something.  My thought is to go in with an artisan and purchase the
materials for them.  Stipulate that the money and/or materials are for
largess items only and agree on who will get the largess items (Crown or
B&B).  You're donating money, they're donating time and skill.  Present
the items together, or make a little tag that has "Created By" and
"Materials Provide By".  This also ties into the comment that was made
about having patrons to support the artists.  In addition to supporting
your Kingdom or Barony by helping to provide largess, you're also
supporting your local artists.  A lot of artisans create things just for
the pleasure of doing it, and I can't think of too many who wouldn't
appreciate help subsidizing their "fix". =)

In Service,
Baron Donnchadh