[Ansteorra] Crown tourney entrants?

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 17:18:54 PDT 2011

At 02:43 PM 7/1/2011, Donnchadh wrote:

>On 6/30/2011 6:45 PM, Chris Zakes wrote:
>>To be precise, if Jeanne-Marie won, Dore would be the Consort, just
>>like Hector was, when Rowan won Crown Tourney. They'd still be
>>called Queen and King.
>>
>>We'd hold a Queen's Champion Tournament as is traditional in
>>Ansteorra (although we might--as also happened with Hector--hold a
>>King's Champion rapier tournament as well.) And there's nothing
>>saying the King couldn't fight in Queen's Champion; it's happened before.
>>
>>         -Tivar Moondragon

>So when Rowan won, was Queen's champion a chivalric list or rapier?

Rapier, of course. To the best of my memory, there have only been two
Queen's Champion Tournaments that included armored combat.

>  What about King's champion.

That one was also a rapier tournament. This was several years before
the tradition of having the King's Champion Tournament the morning of
Coronation was started.

>Along those lines, do the White Scarves protect the Queen or the Consort?

The rapier fighters (not just the White Scarves) protect the Queen,
whether she's Consort or Sovereign. Always have, always will. As
Robin said, we're re-creating the Cult of Gloriana.

         -Tivar Moondragon