[Ansteorra] Titles

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 14:26:24 PDT 2011

Quite correct. If you look at the award constitutions, you'll find that none
of the charters entitles a Companion of Arms (someone with a grant-bearing
award) to use the title "Honorable Lord" or "Honorable Lady". The charter
for the Order of the White Scarf of Ansteorra explicity confers upon the
recipients of that award the title "Don/Doña", and the charter for the Order
of the Centurions of the Sable Star also explicitly confers upon the
recipients of that award the title "Centurion," to be used before their
given names in forms of address and after their full names in titles. Every
other Companion of Arms is entitled to the initials of the appropriate order
or the title "Companion" followed by the name of the specific order. That's
all that's in the award constitutions.

Detlef von Marburg

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 3:36 PM, uillecc <uilliacc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Others are styled "Companion of the order of "x""
>
> White Scarf, and Centurion differing.
>

> uillecc
>

> On 7/4/2011 3:13 PM, John Moore wrote:
>
>> None of the Ansteorran Grant level awards have a title other than
>> Honorable Lord/Lady.  Court baronies the exception of course.  Tradition in
>> Ansteorra uses the titles Don/Donna for those who have been awarded the
>> White Scarf.  Centurion of course for those who have been awarded that one,
>> but no laws stating such that I can find.
>>
>> Iaen Mor

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!