[Ansteorra] crossbows

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 29 19:36:22 PDT 2011

Lady Runa said:
<<< Originally I was going to go with a bow but due to rotator cuff
surgery I can't pull one now.  However I can use a crossbow.  So until
the 2 years of doing the exercises is over and I have full use of my
right shoulder I will be using a crossbow. >>>

Perhaps these files in the ARCHERY section of the Florilegium might be
of use to you or others?
Crossbow-Care-art (25K) 9/25/10 "Care and Feeding of a Medieval
Crossbow" by Lord Siegfried Sebastian Faust.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ARCHERY/Crossbow-Care-art.html

crossbows-lnks    (10K) 5/ 4/04 links to information on medieval
crossbows by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ARCHERY/crossbows-lnks.html

crossbows-msg (38K) 12/ 2/98 Period and SCA crossbows.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ARCHERY/crossbows-msg.html

Iolos-book-rev    (14K)  1/10/97  Reviews of "Iolo's First Book of
Crossbows".
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ARCHERY/Iolos-book-rev.html

Stefan

--------