[Ansteorra] Pennsic barracks, rental tents

Bree Flowers evethejust at gmail.com
Wed May 18 17:20:30 PDT 2011

So you've never come back to camp at night and enjoyed the benefit of
the lanterns and torches? And you've not once tossed a single thing in
the trash? Sorry, but $7 is hardly a prohibitive amount (that's what,
2 drinks at Starbucks?), and it would be the cheapest camp fee I've
ever seen in the times I've been to Pennsic. Honestly, I can't believe
y'all have been enjoying a free ride all these years.

Also, I think a set-rate is much better than a "pay what you can"
approach. The last camp I stayed at was "pay what you can", and it
made me feel uncomfortable, especially because they also had a "free
drinks for all" policy that meant the camp was providing beer to
everyone in the camp and all visitors and neither I nor my husband
drink beer. So it just made me feel all kinds of awkward at the end of
the week. I mean, I'm not exactly destitute, but I would really rather
pay off my mortgage than other people's bar tabs :)

~Eve