[Ansteorra] $7 Pennsic camp fee

Daralynn Brittain elspeth013 at hotmail.com
Thu May 19 15:13:25 PDT 2011

That is what i read, Caelin...

And no one is being forced to do so, per this email (sent in the beginning of this thread, and possibly overlooked):

"If you want to bring your own shower, your own drinking water, your own
orange slices, and so on, you're certainly welcome to camp with Ansteorra for free."

Also, no one is being left out for inability to afford the fees "If you cannot afford to pay, please contact us off list" (paraphrased) I would also say, that if you cannot pay it, then there might be some way for you to barter/work it off, as well, if you asked nicely :)  .

I understood this: if you wish to camp with Ansteorra AND take part in having these things provided for you, then it is a paltry sum of 7.00 per person.  If you wish to bring all said items yourself, and possibly donate wood if you sit by the fire, then you may still camp with Ansteorra free, but, with no expectations of the above being provided for you.

I, personally, do not think the 7.00 is a major issue.  I think the original post was taken the wrong way, and things have exploded since.

I also appreciate the advance notice given. It is plenty of time to prepare for either scenario, without it being "dumped" on you at the last minute.

In summary, I see you have two options: enjoy the comforts for 7.00, or haul all your own things, and have your own "camp with in the camp" so to speak.  Either way, it is your CHOICE, not something being forced upon anyone.

Elspeth