[Ansteorra] $7 Pennsic camp fee

Liam Gordon cenliamgordon2005 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 01:07:36 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner <
burgborrendohl at valornet.com> wrote:
A question (or two)?  Someone mentioned renting a pavilion.  Is it necessary
for showers?  Does it serve another purpose?  Is the royal pavilion
available for gatherings?  Does not the site provide trash bags?  We usually
bring our own wherever we travel, but have been given them at many events
and wars.  Granted, my husband has not been to Pennsic since XIII and I have
never been, but I would think it would be to their advantage to provide
trash bags.

Hi all,

The pavilion that is being spoken about is the pavilion that is used for
Ansteorran Court, Chilli night and various gatherings that can and do happen
during the week.  It's also where most meals are eaten by those who use the
food plan.  The showers are set up elsewhere, away from where food is being
prepped.

As to the trash bags, providing trash bags to a site of 15,000-ish would
not be a smart business practice for Coopers Lake.  Remember, this is a
two-week event and it gets real crazy there for the site staff, let alone
the Pennsic staff.

I understand both sides of the argument, I truely do.  Both sides are
justified in their stances.  If I were able to go to war, I would pay the
$7, due to the fact that I know I would be using the pavilion, showers,
etc.  I know what it's like to be a Camp Dad.  I've done it 3 times for Gulf
Wars.

Just my thoughts on the matter...

Liam

--
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit
materiari?