[Ansteorra] $7 Pennsic camp fee

Dan Baker lordrhys at gmail.com
Fri May 20 06:06:00 PDT 2011

Dear Friends.

I am currently moving to Ansteorra from Midrealm and I have been to Pennsic
many times (not this year though)  The group I have always camped with has a
camp fee, generally $25 per adult.  This Baronial group has at times had 100
campers at Pennsic, and the money goes to many things, insect control, the
Firewood, maintaining the fence, the gates, the full kitchen, pavilions,
tables, the propane tanks, the water heater, the two showers, the storage
cost for the kitchen trailer, ice for the kitchen coolers, it does not
include a meal plan, except for a "continental breakfast" pastries, hot
cereal and such.  The kitchen is available to all at any time.  This fee is
required for any who camp there.  I believe that fee is fair and goes to the
enjoyment and safety of the entire encampment.  A fee of a mere $7 for the
Ansteorran encampment is minimal and barely covers the true cost of
anything.  If next year I make it to Pennsic, I would be pleased to pay such
a low fee and would also offer what services I can around camp to help keep
that cost low, because believe me, you are getting away cheap..

Just a thought.

-Capten Rhys