[Ansteorra] $7 Pennsic camp fee

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Fri May 20 11:28:42 PDT 2011

I agree with Sir Angus
When I go to an event like pennsic I plan for those things; Sometimes I choose not to do with them. I do not like people to tell me if I am to camp with Ansteorra I must do these things.
I have had them offered to me when I got there and taken the offer with joy, but someone will not have the money and will feel bad.
One of the reasons I don't like Democratic system because it allows the majority to decide what my resources will go for. If a group of individuals want to pool resources and offer it to me then OK but what gives anyone the right to decree that our personal resources will go to a particular thing.
The only thing that makes the SCA system livable is it is an volunteer organization and as such I can vote with my feet.  I am not comfortable in giving that right up even on little things.
The board has stated that if a kingdom has a custom for x amount of time it becomes official policy. I don't like this policy and I don't want it to stand.
Willow
Lanphier Taylor