[Ansteorra] Honey for Mead? (was: Re: Royalty - Same Sex Consorts)

Dan Baker lordrhys at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:32:05 PDT 2011

While I am always on the look out for a great bulk supplier.  I would not
go with the cheaper blended honey.  I see some wildflower on that same
page.  I pinpointed a couple of websites on my other laptop, I will share
them when I get home.  More choices is always good.  I am used to the
common Apple honey available in Michigan, very mild in flavor easily takes
on flavors you add to it.  Also since I travel the country sometimes I can
get a good price on regional honey and not have to ship it.  If someone
wants to try some honey from other areas, we might be able to arrange a
pickup on a larger order with several of us ordering at once. It's good to
drive a truck sometimes.

Now that I live in Ansteorra I really want to get some Mesquite Honey.  I
have a Mulled Cyser  and a Chocolate Mead (Liquid Sex)  currently brewing,
The cyser is finished and about ready to bottle, being started about 4
years ago.  the Chocolate needs at least another year and a half to two
years.

 I really need to start some new ones. A brochet (burnt honey mead) is
something I always wanted to try and something else with a local seasonal
fruit perhaps.  Although I need to start another Lime mead-melomel also.
One of my specialties.

I would love to compare recipes and perhaps sit down to do some sampling
with some of the brewers here.  I have heard tell of some awesome
Ansteorran meads.  Who lives in the Steppes/ Elfsea area and might want to
do a get-together and tasting? Maybe a potluck and sampling at someones
house or apartment??

-Capten Rhys