[Ansteorra] opinion

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:36:06 PST 2011

At 12:21 PM 11/10/2011, you wrote:

>   You never can tell when it will come in handy.
>
>   When I interviewed with my current employer I had mentioned that I was a
>part of a historical reenactment group and that I made costumes and waas an
>accomplished seamstress and that was one of the reasons I was so detail
>oriented. Little did I know the woman I was interviewing with also was an
>accomplished seamstress and made very intricate quilts in her spare time
>away from work. We had a nice chat about projects we had in the wings and I
>got the job.
>
>  Lady Augustina Elizabetta da San Germano

<chuckle> I had a somewhat-similar experience in a job interview one
time. The interviewer asked what the SCA was and I gave her the
25-words-or-less version. She said it sounded like something her
daughter might enjoy. After the formal interview was done, I spent
another ten or fifteen minutes telling her more about the SCA, and
when I got home I sent her some contact information for Bjornsborg
(where her daughter lived.)

Unfortunately, I didn't get the job, so I've no idea if the daughter
ever got involved or not.

         -Tivar Moondragon